Tuesday, August 20, 2019

But Then You

The commands "SIT DOWN!" "SHUT UP!" "BE QUIET!" "STOP TALKING!"
faded into incessantly being interrupted every time I opened my mouth
until finally the last stitch to seal the other corner of my lips was the simple impatient and disgusted eye roll from not just one important person in my life but many that brought me to being "Baby" stuck unimportantly silently in the corner not waiting for my turn to speak because I gave up on the hope of that time coming long ago.

But then you walk into the room

          just like many others before and after you

I speak after being spoken to like I have been trained to do; but my carefully cloaked identity peeks out of the hole in my sleeve in the form of my poetry and philosophy and you respond with words like "hot" and "tangy" smacking your lips with hunger making me feel like I am feeding you - no kissing you - by simply the way I choose my words and it makes me want to give you more

AND YOU HAVE NO IDEA

          HOW DIFFERENT YOU ARE
                     
                    FROM EVERYONE ELSE IN MY LIFE

No comments:

Post a Comment